Thursday 21 July 2011

Tattoo Thursday! Vol.3


Name: Trisha

Age: 25

How old were you when you got your first tattoo: 19

Artist/sShop/Location: Mark/ Ink Mark/Yarmouth N.S  & Dan/ he doesnt have a shop anymore *my friends bf*
How many tattoos do you have: 2

Story behind each tattoo: My first tattoo took along time for me  to decide on what I wanted. I knew I wanted it to mean something or something I'll love forever. It shouldn't have been so hard for me to pick, it took someone to say to me,"um, Trisha why not?" before I clued into what I should get. I've been in love with Mickey Mouse since I was little, and when someone said why not him I knew that was it. I looked for a design I liked, and my boyfriend at the time drew something up for me. I got it on my lower back the "tramp stamp" area. I knew I didn't want anything like a butterfly or anything that was "norm", so he was defintely the way to go for me. I still love it, he just needs a touch up. He's faded and needs some work, and I want to get the T colored in :).
*picture is when it was just done I dont have one of it today :P*



My second tattoo is for my and my best friend Tawny ♥ We celebrated 10 yrs of friend ship *soon to be 11 in September*. So we were looking for something that was different, something alot of people didnt have.  We decided on a stick figure girl :) with the letters S.F.L under it. What's funny is we have been using SFL for YEARS, and in highschool we put it in our year book in print. I remeber Dana asking me "Trisha will you know what SFL means in 10 yrs?" and I said "yeah, I'm pretty sure I will! These girls will be my Sisters For Life ♥ ". Ten years went by and we all are still friends and all remeber what it means :)
* the one with the yellow dress and orange poky dots is mine and the orange dress with yellow poky dots is Tawnyas, My favorite color and her favorite color together :)*
We got it done by Tawyna's boyfriend because thats who she wanted to have the tattoo done by. I love it, its simple, but says so much :)




Do you plan on getting more? Yes I do! I know exactly what I want to get for my next one. I want it on my wrist and its a saying that's important to me, and for me to always remember. *I'll send a pic when I get it :)* I also want to get one for my kids ♥

How does your family/friends react to your tattoos? Have you experience any negativity?:
My mother, Oh God, she HATES them! She hates the idea of them, and she doesnt even acknowledge that I have them. My dad, I'm not sure. I know he doesnt like them but its like he doesnt care. He never says anything. My friends love them, even if they don't have them, they support me and what I choose to do with my body :). People I'm not sure. No one ever sees my Mickey Mouse one and I've never had any questions about the one on the back of my ankle. But I dont care what people think anyway! Tattoos are a way to express yourself. It's beautiful art that will be with you the rest of your life :)

Advice to others who are thinking about getting a tattoo who haven't yet?
Think about what your getting, dont just get something because its cool at the time. Think about it in the long run, will you like that in a year, 5, 10? If so, then go ahead and get it! Don't live with a regret. Dont let the thought of pain stop you, its really not that bad! I used numbing stuff my first time around, and my second time I used nothing. It's really not as bad as people or your friends make it out to be :) So go "get er done" if you really want it :)

Thanks so much Trisha for letting me share this! Love the Mickey Mouse tattoo, and hearing the stories behind it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment