Wednesday 20 July 2011

Book Tuesday! (Posted on Wednesday!)


(Warning: This is a really random post!)

When I was young (in my teens especially) people who like to read were looked down upon. You must be a nerd, not much of a social life yada yada yada. They just didn't get how it could be a fun past time (I never understood how they could spend hours on end playing sports or getting high. To each his own!). Most of my summers that was what I would do, read a book. It was an escape for me.





Now it has become a more acceptable pass time. You don't get the weird looks from people anymore when you say it's what you like to do.



Every time I go into town, I do pick up a book. I try not to, but I can't help it. I justify it to myself all the time, ex. I could be spending that money on smokes or alcohol. Needless to say, our bedroom has stack upon stacks of books. My spare bedroom closet is also full of books :).


(To some, this would be a nightmare. To me, this is HEAVEN!! Would love to have a whole wall completely dedicated to books!)

My husband read maybe two books before he met me. At first he thought it was pretty weird that I liked to read for a past time. He wanted to see what all the fuss was about and picked up a book from a series that he read good reviews about (Jim Butcher- The Dresden Files.) (Note: One of our cats was named after the main character :))  Now he's pretty addicted as well. :)


(Sawyer from Lost- YUM!!!See- Reading IS Sexy! :) )

I do feel sorry for people who are not big readers. They really are missing out. Some of the books I have read have made such an impact on me that they stayed with me for days! 
As Charlaine Harris would say, " Here's to books, the cheapest vacation you can buy!"



(Marilyn Monroe)



1 comment:

  1. Damn those Dresden Files, I never read a lot until Aaron got me that damn book and now I'm on the 11th book of the series and I started reading them in February.

    ReplyDelete