Sunday 24 July 2011

My Mother's Version Of "Tattoo Thursday"!

My mom sent this to me on Facebook the other day- it's pretty funny so I wanted to share it with you all!




 Name: Mom

Age: Somewhere between 6 and 60

How old were you when you got your first tattoo: 5

Artist/sShop/Location: Not sure who the artist was - bought it in a pack of bubble gum at Toots - on Main Street.

Story behind each tattoo: My first tattoo was of Bugs Bunny - I had no choice in the matter - that’s what came in the gum package. Had I had a choice I was hoping for the elusive Tweety Bird - but alas, although I chomped my way through many a pack - never did I find Tweety. I’d never been inked before and you had to apply just the right amount of “spit” to make it look good - too much and it ran, too little and it didn’t come out completely and it would look like you had slid into first base and smooshed it. So, I swished and swirled the spit all around and then spat it right onto the tattoo - rolled it around a bit and slapped old Bugs right on my left arm. Held it for a bit and then pulled off the paper. He looked a bit too buck-toothed as it smudged a bit but I was pleased.



My second tattoo was Foghorn Leghorn and he was a nightmare. Someone told me to not use “spit’ but to run the tattoo under a running faucet and then apply. I did. This time to my ankle - the results - to say he needed a touch-up is putting it mildly. I looked like I had a purple and yellow disease on my leg. My friends looked at me and said “Ooooooooo - what happened to your leg - did you burn it?” So I just pulled up my ankle socks and hoped they wouldn’t roll down. It was summer - I was in shorts.


Do you plan on getting more?
I have no plans to repeat the ordeal unless of course I find the elusive Tweety Bird.



How does your family/friends react to your tattoos? Have you experienced any negativity?:
My mother told me to go wash that off - but I rebelled until bath time. My sisters thought I was a nerd anyway and just chalked it up to my nerdiness. My friends though - they were envious as hell. I now possessed both Bugs and some semblance of Foghorn Leghorn. They had wasted their allowance money on Popsicles and candy cigarettes - not me baby, I was getting inked!!!


Advice to others who are thinking about getting a tattoo who haven't yet?

Think about what your getting, don't just get something because its cool at the time. If you have a special hankering for Tweety - wait for it!! You might have to chew alot of bubble gum but if it is supposed to be for you - it will come. Oh ya, and use spit - works alot better than water!!




Thanks Mom!! :)

3 comments:

  1. lmao!!
    I really love this post, so informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Really going to take the advice to heart :)

    ReplyDelete