Friday 15 July 2011

Movie Friday!

Top 20 Most Shocking Movie Endings!

(Note: This is my opinion of course! All these movies had the same reaction from me, which was "Holy Shit!!!" :) It really takes alot for me to be shocked at a movie- I have seen so many, and usually can guess the "shocking twist" of alot of movies. Ex. Sixth Sense and Shutter Island.)

Hope you enjoy the list!

20. Scream 4- Can't believe I was shocked at the end, but I was! Love the Scream series! This was the best out of all the sequels.



19. Friday the 13th Remake- One particular scene we were both pretty shocked at with this one. This is one of the best remakes/reboots out there if you love the horror genre.




18. Vertigo- Love Alfred Hitchcock and Jimmie Stewart. Pretty shocking ending.



17. Rec 2- Just watched this last night with Aaron. It was great and actually made me jump at parts. Loved the twist!



16. Splice- A really good sci-fi movie. Pretty twisted at the end.



15. Fallen- Love, love, love this movie!!! You will never think of the Rolling Stones song "Time is on my Side" quite the same again after this movie!



14. Night of the Living Dead- This, in my opinion, was the only amazing movie that came from George A. Romero. His other movies are just plain crap. This is a classic and it should be seen at least once to say that you watched it.



13. The Orphanage- Creepy!



12. Human Centipede- This movie was just crazy!! I don't think Aaron and I will ever watch it again. What is so scary is that this can actually be done!



11. Martyrs- This was a really good movie, but not one I would watch over and over again. It was disturbing and very, very graphic violence.



10. Hard Candy- Everyone should see this movie! Ellen Paige and Patrick Wilson are amazing together.



9. Se7en- I remember my mom did not want me to see this when it first came out. I waited to see this when I was about 21 and Aaron and I moved into our second place. I do understand why she didn't want me to see this when I was 13 and started to watch horror movies. This movie is just too real! Not like the movies I was watching at the time about Freddy and Jason. I think I appreciate this movie alot more because I waited until I was older.



8. Frailty- Had NO idea that ending was coming! Worth the watch for sure!



7. Wild Things- Aaron was working until 11pm one night and I saw this on the Scream network so I thought I would just give it a try. Every time I thought I knew what was going on, something else happened! It was crazy.



6. American Psycho- WOW, that's all I've got to say...



5. High Tension- You either love or hate this ending, to be honest.



4. Saw- I remember watching this with my dad for the first time and we were glued! When that ending happened, we looked over at each other and said "Holy Shit!" and started laughing. Awesome ending!



3. The Mist- Aaron and I had to rewind because we could not believe what we just saw!



2. Eden Lake- This is the scariest movie I have EVER watched! Will never let my mom see it, or she'll will try to make me quit my job.



Last but definitely NOT least.....

1. Sleepaway Camp!!!- Ahhhh.... memories! Terra and I rented a whole bunch of old 80's horror one night for a few laughs. We loved this movie. When that ending happened, I'm sorry but nothing else compares to it! We were so shocked! We watched again the next night because it was so good. It is just so campy and just the typical horror movies of that time, until THAT ending!! Perfect!! :)

1 comment:

  1. when I saw you did this list I knew Sleepaway Camp would have to be on it!
    I never scream during a horror movie, but this one I so did!!!

    ReplyDelete