Tuesday 17 May 2011

Tattoos....

I find it absolutely fascinating how tattoos are so popular right now. What used to be so taboo has now become  socially acceptable.
Don't get me wrong, there are still alot of people out there that are not fans (my mother included), I just find it interesting that most people from my generation has a tattoo (or multiple).

 One of the questions I am asked by people who don't have a tattoo is"Why"? Why did I decide to put something permanently on my body?

Here's my answer: I believe tattoos are a way of expressing yourself. To me, they are beautiful works of art that are permanently on your body that you chose to be there. They are a reminder of where you have been and how much you have grown.
I have three tattoos. My first is a star on my lower back I got when I was 18. I do not have a picture of it on my computer right now but I will post one eventually. I just love stars! My mom's middle name is "Starr" and a girl had it on a movie I saw a long time ago.
My second one is a tiara on my ankle I got when I was 22 celebrating my new job. I feel that this one describes me perfectly. :) I mean, I DID have a fairy tale/princess wedding after all!




My third one is the word Breathe with three stars by it. I got this a few months ago. I was going through a really hard time and suffering from anxiety. It is to remind myself to take time for myself and just to "BREATHE". The three stars represent three very special people I have lost in my life.


I would like to have one or two more. The way I see it, you only live this life once and if this is something you want to do- go for it! Do your homework, find an artist you trust and a design you love and do it! Life's too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment