Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Happiness Project.




I am not really into "self-help" books. I've tried reading them before, but I just couldn't either identify with the author or the solutions to solving problems I found ridiculous.

I was looking on a blog that I follow and she mentioned she was reading "The Happiness Project" and was feeling inspired. I immediately became intrigued. A Happinesss Project? Sounds right up my alley! I would love to be happier! So I looked it up and right away I was impressed!

The Happiness Project was written by Gretchen Rubin. One day while sitting on a bus, she realized life was just passing her by. She was happy. She's married, has two daughters and a successful career. But she felt like she wasn't appreciating her life enough. She wasn't the happiest she could be. So that is what started off her happiness project. I related to her story. I am happily married, have wonderful friends and family, a beautiful house, cute little fur babies, and a good job. But I'm not as happy as I could be. So I decided I want to start my own as well!!
As of right now, I'm only half way what I would like to work on. Once I am finished, I will post it on my blog to share with you. :)

The Happiness Project is pretty simple. It is your own project to take specific steps to boost your happiness! Every one's project will be different and will focus on parts of your life you would like to work on being "happier"  (ex. Work, marriage etc.).

You come up with: Your own resolutions
                             Your own personal "commandments" to follow
                             Keep a one-sentence journal
                             Keep a "list" Journal (if you are a list person, which I am! Hey, it might help me out with new blog entry ideas!)
                             Keep a "Secrets of Adulthood" Journal, which allows yourself to be reminded of what you have learned with time and experience.
                           You can create an inspiration journal with quotes, pictures, anything you find inspiring.
                            

The Website is http://www.thehappinessproject.com . Check it out if you want. It explains what I have mentioned above in more detail.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment